Fruitcake is a cake made with dried fruits, nuts, spices and candied fruits. Traditionally, these cakes are soaked in spirits for an enhanced flavor. Fruitcakes are generally made in advance for occasions like weddings and Christmas. The best fruit cakes need plenty of planning. But, if you have been craving those delicious bites, follow the steps below. You can place an order at the Discounted price from your neighborhood restaurant with Swiggy Coupon Code for Old User.
All you will need:
-1/2 cup melted butter
-3/4 cup of powdered sugar
-1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
-2 teaspoons of baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
-1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
-1 cup crushed pineapple (1 can)
-1 cup mixed dried fruits (raisins, apricots, dates, or cranberries)
-1/2 cup diced walnuts
-1/2 cup red candied cherries
-1 and 1/2 tablespoons of white sparkling sugar (coarse)
-9” x 5” loaf pan
-stand mixer or hand blender
-large bowl to mix using hand blender
Once you have gathered the ingredients, let’s get to baking!
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Take the 9” x 5” loaf pan, slightly butter/oil it and set aside.
2. Take a large bowl and add butter, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, sugar, salt and vanilla in it. You can directly place them in the stand mixer’s bowl with the beater attachment if you have a stand mixer. If not, take out the hand blender and beat the ingredients until smooth. Make sure your butter is melted; otherwise the beating will take time.
3. Add one egg and beat it until it is totally combined with the mixture. Add the next egg and beat the batter again.
4. Now, add the all-purpose flour to the batter and stir it carefully until the flour is completely mixed and smooth.
5. Pour the pineapple and its juice from the can. Stir until the mix is well combined.
6. Add in the nuts, dried fruit and candied cherries. Stir them in until they are well combined. Don’t over-stir the mixture as your cake might turn out to be hard.
7. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. After that, smoothen the surface with a knife. Sprinkle the coarse white sugar over the batter evenly.
8. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for an hour.
9. An hour later, take the foil sheet and keep it over the top of the cake and bake for 15 minutes more. The foil sheet will keep the fruitcake from burning while it is fully baked.
10. Stick a toothpick or fork into the centre and sides of the cake. If the toothpick or fork comes out clean, your fruitcake is done. Turn off the oven and take it out. If it’s not clean, start the oven again and check every 5 minutes until it’s done.
11. Once the fruitcake is baked, take it out and let it rest in the pan for 20 minutes. Take a knife and run it along the sides of the pan. Then flip the cake onto a wire rack for further cooling. Letting it cool for 20 minutes helps all the cherries, fruits, and nuts to settle down.
12. Slice the cake once it has completely cooled down. Don’t try to slice a warm cake as the pieces will crumble and the fruits/nuts will fall out.
13. You can put cream for icing or just eat the fruitcake. It’s delicious both ways!
14. You will need 2 cups of double whipped cream, sugar syrup/fruit juice and some fresh fruits (chopped for filling and sliced for icing).
15. Cut the fruitcake horizontally and carefully with a knife, into three equal pieces.
16. Make the sugar syrup with 1 cup water and 2 tablespoon sugar. Moisten the fruitcake with the sugar syrup or fruitcake.
17. Prepare the filling cream by combining 4-5 tablespoons of double whipped cream and chopped fruits. Start with the bottom layer and spread the filling over it. Then take the next layer and repeat the step.
18. Now take a knife or a spatula and cover the fruitcake with the double whipped cream. Freeze it for 10 minutes.
19. Make sure the cake is evenly covered with cream else you can cover with another layer of double whipped cream.
20. Take a cake piping bag and fill it with the remaining double whipped cream. Secure the end and start decorating the fruitcake starting with the edges.
21. Now you can place the sliced fruits on the fruitcake as you like it. Freeze for another 10 minutes and you’re delicious fruitcake is ready for the show!
There is another way to make Fruit Cake at Home:
Fruitcakes are tastier than ordinary cakes. Therefore, you may choose to order for one, whenever you celebrate a day.
If you are a Gym Freak and like Milkshakes, there are a few Recipes to Make Milk Shakes.